San Pedro Metropolitan Cathedral
The Saint Peter Metropolitan Cathedral, also referred to as the San Pedro Cathedral or Davao Cathedral, is a Roman Catholic cathedral located at Barangay 2-A, Poblacion District, Davao City, Philippines. The cathedral, dedicated to Saint Peter, is the ecclesiastical seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Davao. Wikipedia
Heeding the call of Pope Francis to evangelize the people at the periphery, the Archdiocese of Davao, through its Archdiocesan Commission on Social Communications, strengthens its presence in whatever available media platforms today.
Davao Verbum Dei Media Foundation, Incorporated
Davao Verbum Dei Media Foundation, Incorporated, a duly-approved not-for-profit organization, was established last June, 2009 to carry out pastoral instruction Communie et Progressio elaborated by the Pontifical Council for Social Communications and Aetatis Novae approved by Pope Paul VI.
A community of disciples of Jesus Christ in the Archdiocese of Davao, evangelized and evangelizing, transformed by the Word of God (Verbum Dei), incarnate in the lives of the faithful.
Participate in the Christian view of communication, the Davao Verbum Dei Media Foundation, Incorporated, propagating the Christ-life, do commit ourselves:
- To serve as the fountain head of the faith serving as a medium for social communication;
- To create with prudence multi-media programming for the family, youth, and children.
Inspired by the shining example of Mary, the Holy Mother of God and the model of the Church and with the guidance of the legitimate authority of the Catholic Church, we yield to God in carrying out this mission.
- To carry out set of scenes for concrete pastoral work in communications and progress as elaborated by the Pontifical Commission for the Means of Social Communication (Communio et Progressio).
- To treat current challenges like the need for critical evaluation, communication and development and the right to information (Aetatis Novae).
- To use communications and media which are powerful instruments of progress as the way to give the public access to information which are true and accurate.
- To be part of the Catholic press which will bring knowledge of the Church to the world and vice-versa (a knowledge of the world to the Church).
- To effectively promote dialogue inside the Church and between the Church and the outside world.
- To cooperate by sharing resources and knowledge among conferences and between dioceses and other institutions such as religious communities in the fields of spiritual formation and pastoral care, communications and development of people, training and research, public relations and education.
As of today, we have three multi-media platforms in operation:
The Davao Catholic Herald and DXGN 89.9 Spirit FM Davao Radio hold office at San Pablo Parish Compound, Juna Subdivision, Matina, Davao City 8021 Philippines. Radio transmitter of DXGN 89.9 Spirit FM Davao is located in Shrine Hills Matina, Davao City, 8021 Philippines.